want to send html mass emails

Thread: want to send html mass emails

nikhilo Guest

Default want to send html mass emails

hi there.. hope u can help..<BR>i want to send mass mails to all my subscribers but i want to send them in html format...i.e. the subscriber shud be able to see images also along with the text..<BR> <BR>how do i do this using JMAIL AND CDONTS...<BR>please elaborate..<BR>no need to mention it&#039s urgent...<BR><BR>-

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: want to send html mass emails

The code below is how I do it just using CDONTS. The code loops through my email list table where people have signed up to be notified when new files are uploaded to our extranet site.<BR><BR>This way they don&#039t have to keep checking back to see if anything new has been posted. You can use this for a bulk emailing as well.<BR><BR>Just point to your database and table that has your email addresses in it. Inside the strbody string create your HTML content and remember to use the complete URL for the HREF and IMG SRC Tags.<BR><BR><BR><BR>strConnect11 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=C:databasedbname.mdb"<BR><BR>dim objconn11, objrec11, mysql11<BR>set objconn11 = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR>obj conn11.open strConnect11<BR><BR>&#039--------------the where statement is for a checkbox that allows the user to receive this mailing or not. You can just leave it out if you so choose.<BR><BR>mysql11="SELECT tblEmaillist.UserEmailAddress from tblEmailList where (((tblEmailList.AllowNotification)= -1));"<BR><BR>set rstemp11=objconn11.execute(mysql11) <BR><BR><BR>If not rstemp11.eof then<BR><BR> Do While Not rstemp11.EOF<BR> <BR> strEmailAddress = rstemp11("UserEmailAddress")<BR><BR>strTo = strEmailAddress<BR>strFrom = "webmaster@wnj.com"<BR>&#039------String person is my cookie that is called higher in the page were I have not provided the code. This is to provide information on who uploaded the document.<BR><BR>strPerson = strWhoareyou<BR>strSubject = "Upload to Extranet Notice"<BR>strBody = strPerson & " has added " & strDocName & " to the Upload Extranet Site."<BR><BR>Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.Newmail")<BR>objMail.T o = strTo<BR>objMail.From = strFrom<BR>objMail.Value("Reply-To") = strFrom<BR>objMail.Subject = strSubject<BR>objMail.Body = strBody<BR>objMail.Send<BR>Set objMail = Nothing<BR><BR>response.write "&#060;center&#062;&#060;b&#062;" & strEmailAddress & "&#060;/b&#062; has been notified of the document upload.<BR>&#060;/center&#062;"<BR> rstemp11.movenext<BR> Loop<BR><BR>End if <BR>set rstemp11 = nothing<BR>objconn11.close<BR>set objconn11 = nothing<BR>

Ed Sinek Guest

Default RE: want to send html mass emails

Dont&#039 forget these things...<BR><BR>objMail.BodyFormat = CdoBodyFormatHTML<BR>objMail.MailFormat = CdoMailFormatMime<BR><BR><BR>--Ed<BR>