Beginner wants to convert Access Db to ASP pages

Thread: Beginner wants to convert Access Db to ASP pages

Default Beginner wants to convert Access Db to ASP pages

Hello,<BR><BR>You folks seem to be pretty hardcore coders (which I am not) and so I feel I&#039;ve come to the right place to ask about my situation.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve got quite a lovely Access 2002 database that I have built, added on to and upgraded over the past two years and now my darling employer would like it to be accessible online - hence my interest in ASP coding. Problem is that I have no bloody idea what the best approach is. I&#039;ve got lots of great crosstab queries and macros and such that are all very useful and most need to be brought online.<BR><BR>I guess my question is this; What is the best "tool" (hopefully free - I know, dream on) to use to accomplish this feat? ASP may not be the best format to use but it seems like it to me. I am open to suggestions that will keep in mind that while I know Access pretty well that is about the extent of my programming ability. Are there any applications that you folks know of that will be able to convert the whole mess (including the crosstab queries) into useable ASP pages that get their data from my exsting Access Db?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Tim

Default RE: Beginner wants to convert Access Db to ASP pag

I don&#039;t think there&#039;s an automated tool that&#039;ll do what you want. IMO, you&#039;re going to have to hit the books - get yourself a decent ASP book or two and do some cramming, then do some experimentation, then start migrating your access app to the web.<BR><BR>alternatively, get yourself a SQL Server DB, and use Access as a front-end to it, thus making your app available over the network....<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>