Displaying Recordsets

Thread: Displaying Recordsets

Default Displaying Recordsets

Hi,<BR><BR>I have an if statement where I call a store procedures in SQL Server.<BR><BR>In the first statement I will return back records where a status is 2 and random select 50 of them.<BR><BR>This part is fine.<BR><BR>I can do that<BR><BR>in the else part I have to display 25 where status is 1 and 25 where status is 2.<BR><BR>Can I call 2 store procedures and display them in the same table and random select 25 from each recordset. As I was thinking the 2nd store procedure will write over the 1st store procedure.<BR><BR>Sorry if this does not make any sense only a new at ASP coming from a VB6 background.<BR><BR>If you require anymore info please ask and I will try and answer your questions<BR><BR>Thanks for any help<BR><BR>Gareth

Default RE: Displaying Recordsets

if you&#039;ve got a stored procedure with two separate SELECT staements in it, you can use the .nextRecordset() method of the recordset object to shift from the first to the second. The ADO docs explain this fairly well.<BR><BR><BR><BR>j<BR>http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/