Hi gang, <BR><BR>I left a message about this about 2 days ago and it&#039;s off the first page with no response, so I hope it&#039;s fair for me to re-submit. Maybe someone has a better take on it now, maybe I can explain the problem better now.<BR><BR>Basically, I&#039;m trying to do this: <BR>&#060;a href="http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskcreatingtemplatesprogrammaticallyindatagridco ntrol.asp"&#062;MSDN: Creating Templates Programmatically in the DataGrid Control&#060;/a&#062;.<BR><BR>I can get the datagrid to show a column made of textboxes just fine. I can even get the user to input something into those textboxes and have it posted to the database. Sadly, when the page is returned, it doesn&#039;t show the updated field correctly. This is because one of my textbox colums is supposed to update 2 other columns in the datagrid. It does this fine on the database back-end, but like I said, when the page is returned, it&#039;s not showing up.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve tried nearly everything, and this is the most serious bug I&#039;ve ever dealt with. I can&#039;t tell where the data is coming from that&#039;s populating the returned page. It looks like it&#039;s coming from the Request.Form collection, but I&#039;ve turned off ViewState for the page, the datagrid and the custom object I made to make the Template Column. I&#039;ve re-run the query that generates the table behind the datagrid and re-databound the datagrid - nothing.<BR><BR>This is a real tricky one. <BR><BR>-squeaktoy2000<BR><BR>