CDO.Message.1 error '80070057' - HELP

Thread: CDO.Message.1 error '80070057' - HELP

Default CDO.Message.1 error '80070057' - HELP

Hi,<BR><BR>I have a strange problem with CDOSYS at our hosting company. This problem does not occur on our development server, with identical code.<BR><BR>On our live hosted bulkmail site, when sending emails larger than 120kb in total (whether text/HTML/multipart) we get this error:<BR>CDO.Message.1 error &#039;80070057&#039; <BR><BR>The parameter is incorrect. <BR><BR>/sender.asp, line 751 <BR><BR>(** line 751 contains only the Message object &#039;send&#039; method**)<BR><BR>There is no limit set on the size of outgoing emails on the SMTP server. I&#039;ve tested it extensively and this error message ALWAYS occurs when the email is over about 120Kb and NEVER occurs when it is under 120Kb so I think this must definitely be the problem.<BR><BR>I have tried to pluck out the relevant code from our bulkemail system. I may have missed a few steps but the point is that it works fine on our dev server. Our dev server is running Windows 2000 service pack 2. The live server is running service pack 3.<BR><BR>Here&#039;s the code:<BR><BR>set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")<BR>set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")<BR><BR>Const cdoSendUsingPort = 2<BR>Const cdoSendUsingPickup = 1<BR><BR>Set Flds = iConf.Fields<BR><BR>With Flds<BR>.Item("") = cdoSendUsingPickup<BR>.Item("") = "d:mailrootpickup"<BR>.Update<BR>End With<BR><BR>With iMsg <BR>.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:to") = oRS.Fields("strEmail")<BR>.Fields.Item("urn:schema s:mailheader:from") = sFrom<BR>If Not IsBlank(sSubject) Then<BR>.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:subje ct") = sSubject<BR>End If<BR>.Fields.Update<BR>Set .Configuration = iConf<BR>If Not IsBlank(sReplyTo) Then<BR>.ReplyTo = sReplyTo<BR>End If<BR>.HTMLBody = sHTMLPerTemplate<BR>.TextBody = sTextPerTemplate<BR><BR>.Send<BR><BR>Our hosting company has tried dropping an email of larger than 120Kb in their SMTP drop folder and this works. There only seems to a be a problem when sending with CDOSYS.<BR><BR>Does anyone have any ideas?<BR><BR>Cheers,<BR><BR>Daniel<BR><BR>

Default RE: CDO.Message.1 error '80070057' - HEL

the first thing I&#039;m going to say is what I ALWAYS say to questions like this.<BR><BR>ASP is not a suitable platform for bulk mailing. I&#039;m surprised your ISP lets you do this at all, given the amount of crap you put the server through trying to do this in ASP.<BR><BR>it should be done, at very worst, with something like Perl or WSH - and preferably with a real executable. ASP is designed for client/server use, NOT mass-mailing.<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>