Get SP parameters ADO OLEBE oracle <BR>Hi<BR><BR>I am using MDAC 2.7 with the Oracle OLEDB provider oracle version number)<BR><BR>Using VB and SQL server I managed to return a list of the parameters for a stored procedure. Great the results that I was after.<BR><BR>Using the attached file source below<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Private Sub Command1_Click()<BR>On Error GoTo e:<BR>Dim sConnString As String<BR>Dim oConn As ADODB.Connection<BR>Dim oCMD As ADODB.Command<BR>Dim oParams As ADODB.Parameters<BR>Dim oParam As ADODB.Parameter<BR><BR>&#039;SQL Server Connection<BR>&#039;sConnString = "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=bosphorus;DATABASE=northwind;UID=us <BR>ername;PWD=password;"<BR><BR>&#039;ORACLE CONNECTION STRING<BR>sConnString = "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;User ID=username;Password=password;Data Source=DS;PLSQLRSet=1;"<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Set oConn = New ADODB.Connection<BR>Set oCMD = New ADODB.Command<BR> sConnString<BR><BR>oCMD.ActiveConnection = oConn<BR><BR>&#039;stored proc for sql server northwind<BR>&#039;oCMD.CommandText = "SalesByCategory"<BR><BR>&#039;stored proc for oracle db<BR>oCMD.CommandText = "pkgAssociation.spAddTerms"<BR><BR><BR>oCMD.Comman dType = adCmdStoredProc<BR>oCMD.Parameters.Refresh<BR>Set oParams = oCMD.Parameters<BR>For Each oParam In oParams<BR>Text1.Text = Text1.Text & oParam.Name & vbCrLf<BR>Next<BR><BR>e:<BR>If Err.Number &#060;&#062; 0 Then<BR>Text1.Text = "err number: " & Err.Number & " : " & Err.Source & " : " & Err.Description<BR>End If<BR><BR>End Sub<BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>WhenI changed the provider to oracle OLE DB I get the following error..<BR><BR>err number: -2147217839 : OraOLEDB : Provider cannot derive parameter information and SetParameterInfo has not been called.<BR><BR>Is it possible to return a list of expected parameters to an oracle SP ?<BR><BR>