Unable to update database on server

Thread: Unable to update database on server

Default Unable to update database on server

Hi All,<BR><BR>I have a DSNless connection setup for an MSAccess database. I have tested the code on the local host, and it works perfectly fine. I&#039;m able to update the database. But when after moving the files to the Server and when I try to update the database through the webpage, I get the following error.<BR><BR>ASPCode:<BR>ASPDescription:<BR>Categ ory:Microsoft JET Database Engine<BR>Column:-1<BR>Description:Cannot update. Database or object is read-only.<BR>File:/cai/dbase/drmartin/writetodb.asp<BR>Line:12<BR>Time:4:31:21 PM<BR>Date:9/8/2003<BR>Browser:Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0)<BR>URL:/cai/dbase/drmartin/writetodb.asp<BR>Query:<BR><BR>What kind of permissions do I need to set for the database and how do I set it. I understand that the database should have a write permission, but is it necessary for the owner, group and others to have the write permission ?<BR><BR>My server doesnt support chmod so how do i go about changing the permissions ?<BR><BR>Thanks <BR><BR>Senthil

Default What kind of server?

Do you have ADMIN rights on the server machine?<BR><BR>Is this a shared server? If so, what ISP are you using?<BR><BR>