Create remote folder

Thread: Create remote folder

Default Create remote folder

Hi,<BR><BR>I am wondering if there is anybody who can tell me how to create a remote directory on a server with asp.<BR><BR>My situation is as follows:<BR><BR>I connect to my webserver (iis) with my client pc. I open a asp page, which allows me to create a new active directory user. This all goes well! Now I want the user creation process to make a home directory for the newly created user, and adjust the rights, sop that when this user logs on for the first time, a home directory is present, and a user profile can be created within it.<BR><BR>Now here&#039;s the catch .. The homedirectory must be created on a different server than the webserver. It must be created on a fileserver that does not have iis running or even installed. <BR><BR>I&#039;ve tried different things so far (using shell gives me an auth. error, using wscript only seems to allow directories when the code is run locally) but unfortunately I haven&#039;t found the answer.<BR><BR>I hope there is somone out there who can help me out, or put me on the right track.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance!<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Martijn Bos.

Default I did this before

As long as the remote server can communicate with the webserver, and you have set the correct permissions on both ends, you can create an MTS object and use FSO with a UNC path.