Web site slowing down.,..

Thread: Web site slowing down.,..

Default Web site slowing down.,..

Hi Guys,<BR><BR>It has been a while since I have posted here, nice to be back.<BR><BR>I am having a problem with our web site - over time the speed at which pages load decreases. This issue is resolved by restarting IIS at which point everything runs smoothly again. A few points:<BR><BR>1. This is not a bandwidth issue - we have traffic graphs and are well below our limits.<BR>2. We run Windows 2000 Server, IIS 5.0 and SQL Server 2000 backend.<BR>3. We get a few (4-5) thousand visits per day and approx. 40 simultaneous visitors.<BR>4. The slow down tends to occur of the space of a few days 2-3, but there does not to be any exact timing to it. <BR>5. The slow down seems to happen exponentially - the speed at which is slopes down seems to increase.<BR>6. It appears to be worse on some pages that others.<BR><BR>Can anyone suggest what may be causing this or give me some idea of the settings I should be looking at to optimise my web server?<BR><BR>All help is appreciated.<BR><BR>Cheers,<BR><BR>Ross

Default Are you using...

...any ActiveX components (other than the standard ones that come with ASP)??<BR><BR>Especially, are you using any home-grown ones?<BR><BR>I&#039;d bet on a memory leak. And, yes, it would act as you described, with the slow down accelerating with time.<BR><BR>