Query String being cut short in email

Thread: Query String being cut short in email

Default Query String being cut short in email

Hello,<BR>I&#039;m creating my first VBScript page, and I&#039;m almost done, but I&#039;m having trouble with the query string that gets sent in an email. I made an ecard page for a charity, i&#039;m passing the info along with a query string on the submit page.Ideally what I want to happen is have the query string be sent to the user, and the user clicks on it to see ecard. The problem is that the last five or six characters are getting cut off of the query string when it&#039;s read in the email which screws up the ecard when the user clicks on the query string/url. <BR>&#060;%<BR>objCDO.To = Request.QueryString("email")<BR>If email&#060;&#062;"" Then<BR>Response.Write(email)<BR>End If<BR>objCDO.From = "info@childrenscancerprogams.com"<BR>objCDO.cc = ""<BR><BR>Dim txtSubject<BR>txtSubject = ("www.desmoinestraffic.com/thc/usercard.asp?") & Request.QueryString<BR><BR>objCDO.Subject = "Heart Connection E-Card"<BR>objCDO.Body = ("www.desmoinestraffic.com/thc/usercard.asp?") & Request.QueryString<BR>objCDO.Send<BR><BR>%&#062;< BR>__<BR>anyway, I&#039;m sure i&#039;m just missing something about how that query string gets sent in an email or how the email reads it. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.<BR>

Default RE: Query String being cut short in email

yup, this happens. it gets truncated at n characters an there&#039;s little you can do about it apart from : <BR><BR>1. use a shorter URL, therefore giving a bit of breathing room for the querystring<BR>2. use HTML mail<BR>3. have a &#039;proxy&#039; page on a shorter URL which can handle the redirect to the &#039;proper&#039; URL.<BR><BR><BR><BR>j<BR>http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/