Thread: cdonts

Default cdonts

hai, <BR> I am facing a problem when i use the cdonts component<BR>it is showing me the following error message can anybody tell me how to fix it.Do i need to register the cdont component on my machine.?if so how do i register can anybody please tell me the steps to register.I hope it is the problem in registering.<BR><BR>strFrom =<BR>strTo =<BR>strSubject = hai<BR>strMessage = how are u<BR>Importance = 1<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01ad&#039 <BR><BR>ActiveX component can&#039t create object: &#039CDONTS.NewMail&#039 <BR><BR>/project1/CDONTSMail.asp, line 48 <BR>

Default RE: cdonts

Are you sure SMTP is installed on the web server? <BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Jerry

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: cdonts

Below is the link to the Microsoft support article that basically tells you how to fix your problem.<BR><BR>The issue is possibly rights. Set your IUSR_&#060;SERVERNAME&#062; to be a member of the administrator group (FOR TESTING) if the CDONTS works, the your IUSR doesn&#039t have execute rights on the directory mentioned is the below article.<BR><BR>REMEMBER TO REMOVE THE IUSR from the ADMINISTRATOR GROUP.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Respectfully,< BR><BR>Jason<BR><BR><BR>