I really need help with this one. I don&#039;t know why this is happening...<BR><BR>I have a single selection listbox in an itemtemplate within a datagrid. All I want to do is check to see if an item has been selected form the listbox (see code below)<BR><BR>&#060;code&#062;<BR>If lstSelectionCrewChief.SelectedIndex &#062; -1 Then<BR> drCrewChief = DsCrewChief1.CrewChiefs.FindByUserID(lstSelectionC rewChief.SelectedValue)<BR> lngCrewChiefUserID = drCrewChief.UserID<BR> Else<BR> lngCrewChiefUserID = -1<BR> End If<BR>&#060;/code&#062;<BR><BR>The thing is, that the listbox has a SelectedIndex = 0 (meaning the first item is selected). I don&#039;t have it highlighted at all on my aspx page. It seems that the first item is a default for the SelectedItem in the listbox. If that&#039;s the case, how can I check if an item in the listbox has been selected or not?<BR><BR>I tried the following code, iterating thru the lisbox and still came up with the first item selected causing it to go inside the "IF" statement.<BR><BR>&#060;code&#062;<BR>For Each li In lstSelectionCrewChief.Items<BR> If li.Selected = True Then<BR> .<BR>.<BR>. <BR> End If<BR> Next<BR>&#060;/code&#062;<BR><BR>How do these templated listboxes work in regards to this?<BR><BR>I tried a separate listbox control on an aspx page (not within a template inside a datagrid), and this works fine....... Why not the template inside the datagrid???