application use....

Thread: application use....

Default application use....

I am trying to set up web counters on two pages on my website with different apps but the apps retain the same number and increment at the same time....<BR><BR>In my global.asa file, I have this:<BR>sub Session_OnStart<BR> &#039;Lock the Application for concurrency issues<BR> Application.Lock<BR> &#039;Increment the counter<BR> Application("Hits") = Application("Hits") + 1<BR> &#039;Unlock the Application<BR> Application.UnLock<BR> <BR> Application.Lock<BR> Application("SpokHits") = Application("SpokHits") + 1<BR> Application.UnLock<BR>end sub<BR><BR><BR>sub Application_OnStart<BR> &#039;This variable Hits will store the # of visitors<BR> Application("Hits") = 0<BR> Application("SpokHits") = 0<BR><BR> &#039;From the date stored in AsOfDate...<BR> Application("AsOfDate") = Date<BR>end sub<BR><BR>When I insert either of these applications in a webpage, they contain the same number. Easier way to do it??<BR><BR>Thanks

Default *EACH* application...

...must be in its OWN virtual directory!<BR><BR>That&#039;s the very DEFINITION of a an application! Each virtual directory *IS* its own application. Period.<BR><BR>And EACH application must have its *own* GLOBAL.ASA file.<BR><BR>