Thread: Session

Default Session

I am new to ASP. I would like to know how to get away with session objects. I am creating seesion objects in one form and using them in the other. Could you please explain to me how to get away with it and how to define variables or use Get method. Probably by giving a small example with syntax. It will help.<BR><BR>Thanks

Default RE: Session

Sessions are the devil, but here we go.<BR><BR>In one page (say test.asp), you write the following:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Session("SillyValue") = "Hello world."<BR>Response.Write "Session variable set: " & Session("SillyValue")<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>This page should output "Session variable set: Hello world."<BR><BR>In another page (say test2.asp), you write the following:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Write Session("SillyValue")<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>This page should output "Hello world." You can do similar stuff with numbers, arrays, even objects. But don&#039t get carried away. Session variables don&#039t scale well. It&#039s okay to use them for a small intranet site, but not for an Internet site. If you search for "Session bad evil" in 4guysfromrolla you should find a resource or two. "minions of Satan." Good one.<BR>