uploading SQL server files

Thread: uploading SQL server files

Default uploading SQL server files

Hello,<BR> I am using SQL server as database and i need to upload those files(tables,stored procedures) to the server(remote) and i don&#039t know exactly how to do that.<BR>can anyone tell me how to do that?<BR><BR>Thank you,<BR>Keerthi

Default RE: uploading SQL server files

SQL Server seems to use two files per database. One is the transaction log, basically everything that has happened to the DB since the last backup. The other contains the actual data. To hot swap the files, you must stop the SQL Server service on the server, copy the new files up, then restart the service.<BR><BR>But...I don&#039t think this is what you intend. If you are looking to update stored procedures (to deploy improvements or fixes), you should write scripts that drop the existing versions of the stored procedures and add the new versions. To change the schema of a database...you need to be very careful. If this is a read-only database that you&#039re publishing to the web, and it&#039s not huge, why not just use a Jet database?<BR><BR>balloni_poni@yahoo.com