virtual directories - session variable problem

Thread: virtual directories - session variable problem

Default virtual directories - session variable problem

Hi,<BR><BR>I believe that I had this issue several years ago but don&#039;t remember how I worked around it. I have two virtual directories on the same IIS server. equip and mold. I want to pass a ses variable from mold to equip but it fails to do so. I then attempted to pass a cookie, when that failed I specified the path property also to have that fail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>I am using Win 2k with ASP 3.0 if that matters.<BR><BR>Thanks!

Default Theoretically, can't do it

Two virtual directories implies two "applications" in ASP parlance, and no two applications can share cookies.<BR><BR>Now, if the *reason* for the session var is to pass some info to the other *page*, so that it can use that value to do some work [but *NOT* to save the value in it&#039;s own sesssion variables], *THEN* you might look into Server.Transfer. Especially read the notes on what happens with Session variables when you use that method.<BR><BR><BR><BR>[Save that page in your Favorites.]<BR><BR>Click on Server. Click on Server.Transfer. Read esp. 2nd paragraph of remarks.<BR>