pls help

Thread: pls help

Default pls help

Hi,<BR><BR>I am displaying all the records from my user_master table in the ASP page. I am having a radio buttons for each record wherein user can select the same and edit or view the user details or disable<BR>the user.<BR><BR>Now what I need is instead of a radio buttons I need checkboxes so that users can select multiple<BR>records and disable the users. But while viewing or editing it should throw a message that he/she<BR>should select only one record for editing or viewing.<BR><BR>Pls help<BR><BR>Regards

Default RE: pls help

Ok. What are you having a problem with, exactly?<BR><BR>Craig.

Default Change how you use radio buttons

&nbsp;<BR>Bill &#060;INPUT Type="Checkbox" Name="Disable" Value="Bill"&#062;<BR> &#060;INPUT Type="Radio" Name="Edit" Value="Bill"&#062;<BR> &#060;INPUT Type="Radio" Name="View" Value="Bill"&#062;<BR><BR>John &#060;INPUT Type="Checkbox" Name="Disable" Value="John"&#062;<BR> &#060;INPUT Type="Radio" Name="Edit" Value="John"&#062;<BR> &#060;INPUT Type="Radio" Name="View" Value="John"&#062;<BR><BR>Mary &#060;INPUT Type="Checkbox" Name="Disable" Value="Mary"&#062;<BR> &#060;INPUT Type="Radio" Name="Edit" Value="Mary"&#062;<BR> &#060;INPUT Type="Radio" Name="View" Value="Mary"&#062;<BR><BR>etc.<BR><BR>Now the user can select any number of the Disable checkboxes but only one of the view and only one of the edit buttons.<BR><BR>If there are three submit buttons at bottom, then the EDIT button ignores everything except the Edit radio buttons, etc.<BR><BR>You could even improve this:<BR><BR> &#060;INPUT Type="Radio" Name="Edit" Value="Mary"<BR> onClick="this.form.action=&#039;edit.asp&#039;;thi s.form.submit();"&#062;<BR> &#060;INPUT Type="Radio" Name="View" Value="Mary"<BR> onClick="this.form.action=&#039;view.asp&#039;;thi s.form.submit();"&#062;<BR><BR>So now you don&#039;t even need submit buttons for View and Edit. The click on the radio button is enough to whish the user off to the next page. Only Disable, with its ability to select multiple checkboxes, requires a separate submit button.<BR><BR>