Displaying images from a database

Thread: Displaying images from a database

Default Displaying images from a database

Hi,<BR><BR>I found a ASP script that I can use for putting pictures in an Access2000 db, I can display these pictures through another ASP script. However, when I want to use this second script for displaying pictures in my website it doesn`t work. When I use the script "stand-alone" it displays the picture perfectly, but when I copy/paste this code into my website it only display the binary code.<BR><BR>My question is if there`s a simple way for displaying images from a database? Below you`ll find the set up of my db:<BR><BR>FileID - AutoNumber<BR>FileName - Text<BR>FileSize - Text<BR>ContentType - Text<BR>BinaryData - OLE Object<BR>ImageType - Number<BR>ImageDescription - Memo<BR>ImageFit - Yes/No<BR><BR>anyone out there? ;)

Default It is generally considered bad practice

to store images in a database. There&#039;s a lot of overhead involved and it&#039;s more efficient to just store links to your images where possible. But if you really want to do it this way there&#039;s a faq:<BR><BR>http://www.aspfaqs.com/aspfaqs/ShowFAQ.asp?FAQID=172