DATABASE conn. problem

Thread: DATABASE conn. problem

Sifer Guest

Default DATABASE conn. problem

Hi, there is something wrong with my databasse connection but I don&#039t now what? Can anyone help me?<BR><BR>the conn:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set MinCon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>MinCon.o pen "DBQ=" & Server.Mappath("/database/car.mdb") & ";Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};"<BR><BR>SQL = "SELECT * From Observationer"<BR>rs.Open SQL, MinCon<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>AND THE WRONG MESSAGE:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database &#039(unknown)&#039. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. <BR><BR>/cars.asp, line 12 <BR><BR>Thanks.<BR>

Scott S Guest

Default RE: DATABASE conn. problem

Can you try making a DSN for the Database? or perhaps the path is wrong? your syntax looks good. <BR><BR>here is another way of doing DSN-Less connections that i found. This is assuming you are using Access 97 <BR><BR>DataConn.Open "Data Source=" & Server.Mappath("../_database/database.mdb") & ";Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;"<BR><BR>T his would be for access 2000<BR><BR>DataConn.Open "Data Source=" & Server.Mappath("../_database/database.mdb") & ";Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;"<BR><BR>ch eck & verify that your database is actually there & its not exclusively locked<BR><BR><BR><BR>

floam Guest

Default RE: DATABASE conn. problem

well if it didn&#039t even see the database there you&#039d get a different error.. can you open up that database in access? .. try pulling it down to your system and opening it .. it may be that is is corrupt like it says.. =/