HTTP Error 500-12 Application Restarting

Thread: HTTP Error 500-12 Application Restarting

Default HTTP Error 500-12 Application Restarting

At least once a day my web project crashes and the browser shows<BR>"HTTP Error 500-12 Application Restarting" and makes reference to the Application Object in the global.asa file. I do not use any Application Object subs in the global asa; in fact, I do not use ANY sub in the global.asa file. Everything is commented out. Microsoft and other references say that Anti-Virus software could affect the global.asa and cause a restart, but I wonder if that is my problem. Anybody have any idea what could cause this error? <BR><BR>Thanks!

Default Similar crashing of IIS here

I started getting similar problems... I&#039;ve fixed it, but I don&#039;t know what happened and exactly how it was fixed. I applied the most recent service pack (4) and the problem went away. And I started noticing the problem around the same time that Microsoft announced the fact that they left port 135 wide open like a gaping bung-hole. I don&#039;t think there was a relation with that and my problem, but you never know. Our organization has been hit hard in the past week or so by DOS and other malicious attacks. <BR><BR>So, apply the latest service pack (use windows update)<BR><BR>Good luck!