Simple Search Form

Thread: Simple Search Form

Charles Guest

Default Simple Search Form

I have an ASP problem that I am desparate for help with. I need a simple search form that searches on the <BR>part number for a company. I am able to set it up so it works with the auto number field but cannot get it working <BR>with the part number field! The part number field is made up of text and numbers that vary in length. Its located in <BR>my Access database. I get the message "either BOF or EOF is true or the current record has been deleted.<BR>Can you tell me what I am forgetting. <BR><BR>&#060;!-- #include file="" --&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>p artnumber = request.form("partnumber")<BR><BR>strSQL = "select partnumber, producttagline from webproducts where partnumber like &#039 " & partnumber & " &#039"<BR>Set objRS = objConn.Execute(strSQL) <BR><BR>Response.Write objRS("producttagline")<BR><BR>objRS.Close<BR>Set objRS = Nothing<BR>objConn.Close<BR>Set objConn = Nothing<BR><BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>Charles<BR>714-413-8170

Default RE: Simple Search Form

Charles,<BR>Instead of using like in your SQL line, could you use the equal sign instead? Just a thought.<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR><BR>JOHN