ODBC Connect failed with Linked Table

Thread: ODBC Connect failed with Linked Table

EHJ Guest

Default ODBC Connect failed with Linked Table

Please help... I am very new to ASP development... new in the sense that last year I developed a page and now (exactly one year later) I want to modify it.<BR><BR>Situation is... data is on the AS400, we want to display it on the web. Last year, I downloaded the AS400 file daily into an Access table, developed an Access query (qryTaxSale) and used the query in the asp page. No problems. This year, I would like to link the Access table directy to the AS400 and then use the query off of the linked table in the asp page.<BR><BR>Microsoft access ODBC is established on the Internet server (NT). Client access ODBC is established on the Internet server. No problems in getting the table linked and the query displayed through Access. However receive error... &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--connection to &#039&#060;AS400 library name&#062;&#039 failed... when pulling up the page.<BR><BR>Following is code in asp page...<BR><BR>Set Cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>strCnPa th = "DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("databasename.mdb")<BR>Cn.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & strCnPath <BR>strSQL = "SELECT qryTaxSale.City FROM qryTaxSale GROUP BY qryTaxSale.City ORDER BY qryTaxSale.City"<BR>Set RS = Cn.Execute( strSQL )<BR><BR>Receive error on... Set RS=Cn.Execute(strSQL)... line.<BR>Can anyone help??

Default RE: ODBC Connect failed with Linked Table

does the as400 require authentication? and If so when you linked the tables, you selected the odbc name and there are options to automatically authenticate each time, if this is not checked then each time you open the database it will prompt you for a username and password. I use access as a front end for oracle and I ran into similar problems, this was my fix. check that, if that is not the problem then repost with what your dsn name is for the as400 and the steps you created.

Default RE: ODBC Connect failed with Linked Table

I am experiencing the same problem with the linked table to an as400. I am using NT, client access, odbc.. the same setup as you and close results except no error is being displayed when accessing the page.. the problem I&#039;m having is that it is not displaying the records, but only the header row. I produced the ASP page using Frontpage2000.