Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;m trying to create a very simple ASP.NET server component without compiling.<BR> <BR>Here is what I have<BR><BR>File = test.cs<BR>--------------<BR><BR>using System;<BR>using System.Web;<BR>using System.Web.UI;<BR>using System.Web.UI.WebControls;<BR><BR>namespace Steve<BR>{<BR> public class Test : Page<BR> {<BR> private Button b = new Button();<BR> <BR> protected override void CreateChildControls()<BR> {<BR> b.Text = "Before Click";<BR> Controls.Add(b);<BR> b.Click += new EventHandler(this.Clicked); <BR> }<BR> <BR> private void Clicked(Object sender, EventArgs e)<BR> {<BR> b.Text = "After Click";<BR> }<BR> }<BR>}<BR><BR><BR>File - test.aspx<BR>----------------<BR><BR>&#060;%@ Page Language = "C#" Inherits = "Steve.Test" Src = "test.cs" runat = "server" %&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR> &#060;body&#062;<BR> Will my button work? <BR><BR> &#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR><BR>When I run this page, the button display, but I can&#039;t get the "Clicked" event to fire. Nothing happens when I click on the button. Any ideas why?<BR><BR>Also, Does anyone know why I don&#039;t actually have to tell the aspx page to render my object? I haven&#039;t actually include a &#060;Steve:Test id = "stevetest" runat = "server" /&#062; tag, but still the button displays. Is it impossible to do what I&#039;m trying to do without compiling? I was under the impression that you never HAD to compile, but could if you chose to.<BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>-Steve