Running ASP on Static-HTML Linux

Thread: Running ASP on Static-HTML Linux

Default Running ASP on Static-HTML Linux

I&#039;m setting up a ad-server and would like to call the banners from the database from all types of servers, not just windows. To do this method I would like to setup a file called adview.asp. On the website pages that need the banner, I would call this by doin:<BR><BR>&#060;img src=""&#062;<BR><BR>How do I make ad-view send the path back to the static-html page, even if it is located on a different server that might be linux not windows? Somebody earlier said I might need to use a stream-object or something, but I don&#039;t know howto do that. I would appreciate if somebody could give me a good written example.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Travis

Default RE: Running ASP on Static-HTML Linux

I&#039;ve done this when I wanted to include a random image on a static HTML page on a completely different server. I think the redirect is the key.<BR><BR>Image in static HTML:<BR>--------------------------<BR>&#060;img src=""&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Code in RandomPhoto.asp:<BR>--------------------------<BR>&#060;%<BR>...<BR>logic for randmoizing<BR>...<BR>Response.Redirect(FullImageP ath)<BR>%&#062;