Need suggestion

Thread: Need suggestion

Default Need suggestion

Hi all,<BR>I&#039;m currenly working on a website that keep track of employee work hours per week. The company that I am doing this for has multiple departments and each department has their own list of employee information. I want to find a way for each department to import their list of employee information into a main employee database located at the central server. The problem is, the format of the list of employee from each department is not consistent. Some are in Excel, MySQL, Access, and even a txt file. <BR><BR>I have thought about asking them to send me the files and i can manually insert them into the database but that is too much work. <BR><BR>Is there a simpler way of doing this? any suggestion?

Default RE: Need suggestion

Excel and Access will export as csv files, the text file may already be in some kind of delimited format. I reckon MySQL should have a similar function (but don&#039;t quote me on that).<BR><BR>At the end of the day, though, I reckon your just going to have to knuckle down and expect it to be a long winded job.