ActiveX component error(very urgent

Thread: ActiveX component error(very urgent

wini Guest

Default ActiveX component error(very urgent

Getting the following message what could be the reason<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01ad&#039 <BR><BR>ActiveX component can&#039t create object <BR>the object I am using is for connecting to SQL database <BR>code is<BR>Set conn=Server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>co session("DatabaseDNS") session("username") session("password")<BR>session variables are declared in the global.asa file <BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR> <BR>

Default RE: ActiveX component error(very urgent

I guess I would have to ask why you have 3 session variales?<BR><BR><BR>I would put these into application variales instead. the reason being, the way you have it, the server has to keep track of all 3 variables for every user that comes to the site. On the other hand (application variable), you would only have 1 variable.<BR><BR>E.G.<BR><BR>Application("Connecti onString") = "DSN=YourDSN; UserID; Password"<BR><BR>Then you should be able to do objConnection.Open Application("ConnectionString")<BR><BR><BR>HTH<BR> <BR>Jerry