IUSR and IWAM question

Thread: IUSR and IWAM question

Default IUSR and IWAM question

I posted this in ASP Q&A but it got buried before I got an answer so here it is again. <BR>I have IIS 5.0 and occasionally (every 3-7 days) IIS will crash. When this happens I cannot access any sites, including the IIS help default pages. <BR>Here are the errors I receive in the Win2kPro event viewer: <BR><BR>Event Type: Error <BR>Event Source: DCOM <BR>Event Category: None <BR>Event ID: 10004 <BR>Date: 7/28/2003 <BR>Time: 8:29:29 AM <BR>User: N/A <BR>Computer: computerName <BR>Description: <BR>DCOM got error "The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to. " and was unable to logon .IWAM in order to run the server: <BR>{3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1} <BR>********************************************** ************* <BR>Event Type: Warning <BR>Event Source: W3SVC <BR>Event Category: None <BR>Event ID: 36 <BR>Date: 7/26/2003 <BR>Time: 7:02:10 PM <BR>User: N/A <BR>Computer: computerName <BR>Description: <BR>The server failed to load application &#039;/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/IISHELP&#039;. The error was &#039;The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password. <BR>&#039;. <BR>For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. <BR>********************************************** ******* <BR><BR>My question is does the IWAM user need to be enabled? I am assuming yes. <BR>Also does the IUSR account need to be enabled even though I have the site security set to Windows Integrated Authentication and Anonymous user DEselected. This site is on a intranet. <BR>TIA!!

Default RE: IUSR and IWAM question

IIRC, you still need IUSR enabled because that account will be used to initialise the authentication process.<BR><BR><BR><BR>j<BR>http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/