How to register ActiveX DLL on my Web site

Thread: How to register ActiveX DLL on my Web site

Default How to register ActiveX DLL on my Web site

I have created my own activex Dll, and i have registered it my machine using cmd.ex<BR><BR>c:winntsystem
    egsvr32 filename.dll<BR><BR>and it works fine. <BR><BR>and i have upload all my web pages to my ftp site.<BR>and P2.DLL<BR><BR>on that place how can i use my DLL, how to register my dll on the remoter machine.. <BR><BR>testing.asp pages show following error.<BR><BR>Server object error &#039;ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039; <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/testing/testing.asp, line 10 <BR><BR>Invalid ProgID. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: <BR><BR>any one give me solutions ...<BR><BR>yours<BR>vijai

Default On the remote machine..

... you actually have to go to the command-line and run the regsvr32 command.<BR><BR>It depends on how your site is hosted. If you have a dedicated server, you normally get some kind of remote admin. access to your server (i.e. Terminal Services, PC Anywhere, VNC). If you are on a shared hosting plan, some services give you a web administration to register DLLs.<BR><BR>If you don&#039;t have either of those two, the hosting company itself needs to register the DLL for you. Hopefully you are hosted at a company who&#039;s willing to do so. E-mail their technical support.