Link imbedded in an image

Thread: Link imbedded in an image

Default Link imbedded in an image

Have you ever seen a website that had a world map and, as you rolled over countries they were actually imbedded links within this image(ie... you could click within the boundaries of England and it would link to another page. I would like to do this. Any tutorials or examples would be great. I am kind of limited in the way of graphics IDE&#039;s.<BR>TIA!!

Default RE: Link imbedded in an image

Well I can give you start, but I think what you want may be a 3rd party product like flash. You can use an image map tag. Check this out...<BR><BR><BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>

Default and me too!!

While I&#039;m not the guy you were helping, I found this tutorial interesting, and I have a question. The image map passes its co-ordinates in the format:<BR><BR>,56<BR><BR>In this case, 30 is the x-co-ordinate and 56 is the y.<BR>Is it possible to get them in the format most of us are used to? I mean, with a variable name and value pair like this:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Because then we would be able to reference the values with Request.QueryString("x") or Request.QueryString("y")<BR><BR>If this is not possible, can you tell me the synatax for requesting the co-ordinate variables in ASP, because there is no variable name to request from the querystring.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance