Help with querystring for transferring data

Thread: Help with querystring for transferring data

Default Help with querystring for transferring data

Here&#039;s my code, an explanation at the bottom...<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>conn.Op en "database"<BR><BR>Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>RS.Open "Select * FROM UserInfoTemp", conn<BR><BR>Do While Not RS.EOF<BR> If Request.QueryString("&#039;" & RS.Fields(0) & "&#039;") = "on" Then<BR> For fnum = 0 To RS.Fields.Count-1<BR> Response.Write("Two")<BR> SQL = "INSERT INTO UserInfo (UserInfo.Fields(" & fnum & ")) VALUES (&#039;" & RS.Fields(fnum).Value & "&#039;)"<BR> conn.execute(SQL)<BR> Next <BR> End If<BR> Response.Write("One")<BR> RS.MoveNext<BR>Loop<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I am letting an administrator decide who to approve for an account on the server and who to not approve. The administrator checks boxes in a previous page for the users it wants to approve, and sends their usernames via the querystring to this page. The pending user information is stored in UserInfoTemp, and I want to move approved records to UserInfo. I&#039;m using an If statement to determine if the record has been checked. The Response.Write "One" and Response.Write "Two" are just pieces of code I added to try to see what was going on. An output of the page has no errors and writes "One" twice, but nothing happens to the database itself... Help!

Default You *really* have...

...a form field named something like &#039;BOB&#039; ?? That is, *with* the apostrophes? Something like<BR> &#060;INPUT Type="Checkbox" Name="&#039;BOB&#039;" Value="on"&#062;<BR>????<BR><BR>Because THAT is what you are looking for when you do this:<BR> If Request.QueryString("&#039;" & RS.Fields(0) & "&#039;") = "on" Then <BR><BR>I *strongly* suspect that you do *NOT* want those apostrophes there.<BR><BR>However...<BR><BR>There&#039;s another problem: If RS.Fields(0) is just a number, then it will *not* be treated as the *name* of the field but will, instead, be used as a position in the Request.QueryString array.<BR><BR>Never have a form field that is named with just a number. If you *might* have something like this:<BR> &#060;INPUT Type="Checkbox" Name="173" Value="on"&#062;<BR>Then give the name a prefix, perhaps:<BR> &#060;INPUT Type="Checkbox" Name="ID173" Value="on"&#062;<BR>and then you can do<BR> If Request.QueryString("ID" & RS.Fields(0)) = "on" <BR><BR>But, finally, I think you are going about this ALL wrong. There is no reason to go back through the recordset *again*. Just pass enough info from the &#060;FORM&#062; to allow the INSERTs to take place without a need for RS, at all.<BR><BR><BR><BR>