form -> e-mail

Thread: form -> e-mail

Default form -> e-mail

Hi<BR><BR>I normally code in PHP but need to be able to send the contents of a form in asp... the thing is, i really don&#039;t know where to start and have got completely lost in all the different scripts I have found. I need to get the contents of the form to be sent in an e-mail in such a way that it is lisible for a complete stranger. <BR><BR>Does anyone have a script which does this? If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be really gratefull. <BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Sharon<BR><BR>p.s. if it helps I am told that the server is windows though running .net build 1.0 <BR>

Default RE: form -> e-mail

This is a basic script for sendin e-mail with asp.<BR>Basically to use a form just write the form as normal and say if you want the sender to be entered in the form just add a variable and assign it below. e.g. <BR>Dim sender<BR>sender=Request.Form("senderName") &#039;where senderName is the name of the textarea in the form.<BR>That make sense??<BR><BR>Dim Body<BR>Dim MyCDONTSMail<BR><BR>Set MyCDONTSMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR><BR>MyCDONTSMail .BodyFormat=1<BR>myCDONTSMail.MailFormat=0 <BR>MyCDONTSMail.From = ""<BR>MyCDONTSMail.To= "" &#039;This will need to be changed!!!<BR>MyCDONTSMail.Subject="This is your subject."<BR>MyBody = "Hello,Thi is the mail body"<BR>MyCDONTSMail.Body= MyBody<BR>MyCDONTSMail.Send<BR><BR>set MyCDONTSMail=nothing<BR>

Default Also, here is a great

tutorial if you want to understand all your options available using CDONTS:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Also, note the important difference on bottom of tutuorial if sending email from a system running Windows XP Pro.<BR><BR>Good luck<BR>Pete