Help with Migration Please ASP -> ASPX

Thread: Help with Migration Please ASP -> ASPX

Default Help with Migration Please ASP -> ASPX

Hi,<BR><BR>I trying to migrate an asp application to ASP.NET and I have come across a dilema.<BR><BR>In my asp app, I used a stored procedure and then call the GetRows method of the recordset object. This puts all my variables into an array in which I then loop through later in the page using html and code render blocks.<BR><BR>I know that ASPX does not have GetRows, so I need to know which direction to go to basically accomplich the same thing.<BR><BR>Do I use a DataSet, DataReader etc... Do I conantnate a string in the Page_Load Procedure and then use a Literal Control to display my results in html.<BR><BR>I&#039;m confued a little here. Below is a URL of what I&#039;m trying to migrate. I am starting with the basic "directory top level page".<BR>Once I get that displayed, I can figure out the rest.<BR><BR>Here is the URL:<BR><BR>ANy help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks <BR><BR>JB<BR> <BR><BR>

Default RE: Help with Migration Please ASP -> ASPX

Have a look at the articles about datagrids on 4guys, it should give you a good idea.