difference between stored proc and inline sql

Thread: difference between stored proc and inline sql

Default difference between stored proc and inline sql

I want to use a recordset and page it so I can move back and forth between the 10 recs that are displayed at a time on the page. if I use inline sql <BR><BR>set sql = "SELECT * FROM tbl" <BR>objRec.cursorlocation=aduseclient<BR>objRec.ca chesize=mypagesize<BR> <BR>objRec.Open SQL, objCon<BR><BR>I can use objRec.movefirst and movelast and do what i want to do. however as the sql i need is in a stored proc and i have to pass in parameters to determine which db to get the sql from, thus using a command object.<BR><BR>set objRec = objCom.Execute<BR><BR>instead of objRec.open i get errors such as<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E18)<BR>Rowset position cannot be restarted.<BR><BR>on line<BR><BR>objRec.movefirst<BR><BR>why can i only do this with the open method of a recordset object and not with seting the rst object to a commands execute<BR><BR>??????<BR><BR>i really dont want to have to use inline sql as all the business logic is in the db and as i am the web developer the others need to be able to change the source in the db and not on my asp page.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>can

Default You don't need a command object