Response.BinaryWrite problem

Thread: Response.BinaryWrite problem

Default Response.BinaryWrite problem

Hi,<BR><BR>I have the following code which is *supposed* to write out a pdf document to the browser but which writes out garbage instead:<BR><BR>dim objStream<BR>set objStream = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")<BR>objStream.T ype = 1<BR>objStream.Open<BR>objStream.LoadFromFile("e:/pdfs/somepdf.pdf")<BR>Response.Clear<BR>Response.Conten tType="application/pdf"<BR>Response.AddHeader "content-disposition", "attachment; filename=somepdf.pdf"<BR>Response.AddHeader "content-disposition", "inline; filename=somepdf.pdf"<BR>Response.BinaryWrite objStream.Read<BR>ObjStream.Close<BR>set objStream=nothing<BR>Response.End<BR><BR><BR>Pleas e help because I&#039;ve been pulling my hair out over this one!<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Conor.

Default RE: Response.BinaryWrite problem

Your code does work but you&#039;re not calling it correctly. You can&#039;t just execute this file on it&#039;s own, it needs to be called from another page as you would call a pdf file. So call this file "getpdf.asp" or something like that. You can even pass the page attributes and dynamically build the loadfromfile line so you can get any pdf you want just by changing the arguments. Then call it from your other page as you would call a pdf file:<BR><BR>&#060;a href="getpdf.asp"&#062;MypdfLink&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>Also, remove one of your AddHeader statements, either use attachment or inline. I believe your second statement is just replacing the first.