New To ASP but need serious help!

Thread: New To ASP but need serious help!

Default New To ASP but need serious help!

&nbsp;<BR> Okay! Here we go with what i feel is a load of questions. I just purchased a domain name and web hosting space. I am starting a business, i prefer not to give to much information about what exactly i am going to do just because i feel it is a very good idea but basically i want to make a searchable database. I originally posted this on a flash forum but I dont know if flash is the best way to go so then i went to visual basic and was point to asp which sounds right looking at the tutorials etc i have researched. Basically i have made a database in Access which I am entering information into through a Visual Basic Program i made. From there i want to make a website that the user can search through certain fields.<BR><BR>Let me give a comparable example of what i want to do. My company will have all the address&#039; of laundry services that do delivery, taking their phone numbers, the area they are in, their rates(maybe a sheet of theirs scanned in), the price range(i.e. 1-5) and comments.<BR><BR>What i want to do is make it so the user chooses on the first page the area they are in, that narrows the list down to only companies that fit in that range then they can specify price range, and then when they do that it is a more specified list, once there or earlier the user can choose one laundry place, click on them and it will display all the information and a link to the scanned in rates sheet.<BR><BR>I dont expect in anyway somebody to explain how to do all this at once even though that would be amazing! I dont even understand what asp is still... do i need a program? I have access but is the rest done with html or what i am sooooo confused!!! Please, i don&#039;t have more than a month to do it... where can i go how do i cram? is this gonna work?<BR>If this should be posted somewhere else please tell me!

Default RE: New To ASP but need serious help!

I&#039;d say if this hasn&#039;t been done already something very similar has, and probably will be available from<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>j<BR>