ASP / Jmail loop Please Help

Thread: ASP / Jmail loop Please Help

Default ASP / Jmail loop Please Help

Hello<BR><BR>I have written this code to loop through some email addess&#039;s from a database and then it sends them a message. I dont get any errors and it all seams to work, execpt no actual message are sent. Since I dont receive any of my tests. <BR><BR>Can any one please help, Iam not sure if its the code or if its some thing like the SMTP.server ??/ Iam fairly new to this type of thing. <BR><BR>Thank you for your time.<BR>Creepy<BR><BR>----------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Response.Write ("Newsletters are being created")<BR>Response.Write ("&#060;p&#062;")<BR><BR>Dim strRecipient<BR>Dim strFrom<BR>Dim strSubject<BR>Dim strBody<BR>Dim Jmail<BR><BR><BR>&#039;loop through entries<BR>While not rsEmailAddress.EOF<BR>&#039;get the results from the newsletter form<BR>strFrom = Session("svFrom")<BR>strSubject = Session("svSubject")<BR>strBody = Session("svMessage")<BR><BR>strRecipient = rsEmailAddress.Fields.Item("EmailAddress").Value<B R><BR>&#039;create an instance of the Jmail object <BR>Set Jmail = Server.CreateObject("JMail.SMTPMail")<BR>&#039;set Jmail various properties<BR>JMail.ServerAddress = ""<BR>JMail.ContentType = "text/html" <BR>JMail.AddRecipientBCC strRecipient<BR>JMail.Sender = strFrom<BR>JMail.Subject = strSubject<BR>JMail.Body = strBody<BR>JMail.addHeader "Originating-IP", Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")<BR>Jmail.Ex ecute<BR>&#039;print message for every entry<BR>Response.Write ("message sent to " & strRecipient & "<BR>")<BR>&#039;move to next entry in database<BR>rsEmailAddress.MoveNext<BR>Wend<BR>&#0 39;message to admin saying creation has completed<BR>Response.Write ("&#060;p&#062;")<BR>Response.Write ("newsletter creation completed ")<BR>

Default RE: ASP / Jmail loop Please Help

1. ASP isn&#039;t really suited to this sort of operation - you&#039;d probably be better off using WSH<BR>2. is the SMTP server valid?<BR>3. does the SMTP box filter by IP?<BR>4. I reckon it doesn&#039;t like having ONLY BCC recipients - besides which, if it&#039;s only going to that user, why would they be worried about hiding their address from others? it&#039;s ONLY going to them<BR>5. probably not advanced, really, if you think about it.<BR><BR><BR><BR>j<BR>