intermittent error '80004005' when conn

Thread: intermittent error '80004005' when conn

Default intermittent error '80004005' when conn

i&#039;m developing an ASP app in IIS with Access. I am using IIS 4 on NT Server 4 as my development platform. i have configured a system DSN on the server to provide the connection to the access database.<BR><BR>i can connect to the database successfully sometimes. but after i have connected once if i try and open a new connection (with another page) i recieve the following error.<BR><BR>Provider error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>Unspecified error <BR><BR>and i have to wait a couple of minutes before i can connect successfully again. but again once i connect once further connections fail.<BR><BR>i am doing the following in my code.<BR><BR>explictly closing the recordset objects and the database connection objects and setting them to Nothing.<BR><BR>i was connecting by passing the string with all the driver info at first and this gave me this error so i had assumed i had mucked something up so changed it to be the DSN but the same problem is recurring.<BR><BR>so i thought it might be a file sharing related problem on the server so i stopped and started the IIS service and when that didn&#039;t work i rebooted the server. <BR><BR>still having the problem. <BR><BR>hopefully someone can give me some suggestions about what i might be able to do to fix this problem.

Default RE: intermittent error '80004005' when