strage filesystemobject problem

Thread: strage filesystemobject problem

Default strage filesystemobject problem

I&#039;ve got a file stored a fileserver which is in the lmhosts of the webserver. The webserver can see the fileserver with no problem and is currently writing files it through an upload component which uses the filesystemobject. However, in the asp page running on the webserver, after it uploads the file, it then creates an instance of the filesystemobject to see if another file exist and if so, delete it. Here&#039;s the code for it...<BR><BR> if lenb(trim(oldResume & "")) &#062; 0 then<BR> set fs = server.createobject("scripting.filesystemobject")< BR> if fs.fileexists(trim(strFilePath & oldResume & "")) then<BR> fs.deleteFile(trim(strFilePath & oldResume & ""))<BR> end if<BR> set fs = nothing <BR> end if<BR><BR>The filesystemobject is not finding the file for some reason. When I response.write strFilePath & oldResume to the page, copy it and paste it in windows explorer, it comes up just fine. Some other guys here have had problems in the past with the fso fileexists not working and suggested that if I know the file&#039;s there already, not to bother with the check and just delete it. So I tried that and I get an error that it can&#039;t find the file to delete. Any ideas? Thanks.

Default FSO can't even *see*...

...files that are inaccessible to IIS. So if the directory doesn&#039;t have permissions set for IUSR_xxx then these symptoms make sense.<BR><BR>