Copy Existing Record into a Form

Thread: Copy Existing Record into a Form

Default Copy Existing Record into a Form

I searched the archives and FAQs for the answer to this question, but maybe I am not using the right keywords.<BR><BR>I have users who can browse records from a SQL datatstore that are related to them (i.e. their past orders). I&#039;d like them to be able to push a button or something like that and have the page load a form with the data being browsed. For example, I am browsing a past order that I submitted and now decide I want to make a new order using the one being browsed as a "template". I want to press a button or link and have a form autoload with the order I was just browsing.<BR><BR>I am new to ASP, so for those of you gurus that might repsond, please keep that in mind with your explanations.<BR><BR>Thank you in advance.<BR><BR>-Den

Default Well, it really is in the ASPFAQs<BR><BR>I suppose we didn&#039;t bother to show the &#060;INPUT TYPE=TEXT&#062; and &#060;TEXTAREA&#062; form fields because, to any ASP-er who has learned from a decent resource (e.g., a good book) they are presented in the first few chapters:<BR><BR>&#060;INPUT Type=TEXT Name="UserName" Value="&#060;%=RS("UserName")%&#062;" &#062;<BR>&#060;TEXTAREA Name="Comments" Rows=5 Cols=50&#062;&#060;%=RS("Comments")%&#062;&#060;/TEXTAREA&#062;<BR><BR>Pretty much like that, plus what&#039;s in that FAQ.<BR><BR>