Top 10 list

Thread: Top 10 list

Default Top 10 list

Hello guys!<BR><BR>I have a database that holds numerical values, in seconds, of the amount of time clients have spent connected to a specific part of an online aviation network that I run. This time is converted into hours and minutes and displayed online in their member details pages.<BR><BR>I am looking to create a top 10 list to display the most connected members in my organisation. Obviously the seconds would need to be converted to hours and minutes and then the ASP page would need to determine which 10 users to display.<BR><BR>I haven&#039;t a clue how to do anything other than the conversion....anyone have any ideas?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance!<BR><BR>--<BR>Ady

Default RE: Top 10 list

You can try the following SQL query:<BR><BR>Select top 10 [seconds],userName from yourtable Order By [seconds] desc

Default It's not at all obvious!

Obviously the seconds would need to be converted to hours and minutes ...<BR><BR>Not at all obvious. Seems like a silly thing to do, in fact.<BR><BR>Do the ordering based on seconds and then *ONLY* convert the top 10 seconds to hours and minutes.<BR><BR>See abhram&#039;s suggestion. Do it with the SQL query and be done! If you can&#039;t do it that way, *still* leave the data in seconds until the actual moment of display.<BR><BR>