Check if new values enter = to original values

Thread: Check if new values enter = to original values

Default Check if new values enter = to original values

Hi,<BR>I&#039;m trying to figure out how this can be done in javascript. I have a form with textfields, these textfields when loaded is populated with the original values retrieve from a database. If the user wants to make changes, the user will have to type over the current values. I want the "Submit" button to be inactive until the user has typed something different over the current values. Is there an easy way to accomplish this in javascript or will I have to use ASP to check if each of the textfields original values = to the new values?<BR><BR>thanks,<BR>MBlast

Default Piece of cake

&#060;FORM&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT name="mblast1" onChange="this.form.theSubmit.disabled=false;"&#06 2;<BR>&#060;INPUT name="mblast2" onChange="this.form.theSubmit.disabled=false;"&#06 2;<BR>&#060;INPUT name="mblast3" onChange="this.form.theSubmit.disabled=false;"&#06 2;<BR>&#060;INPUT name="mblast4" onChange="this.form.theSubmit.disabled=false;"&#06 2;<BR><BR>&#060;INPUT Type=Submit Name="theSubmit" DISABLED&#062;<BR>&#060;/FORM&#062;<BR><BR>***<BR><BR>Now, what that will *not* detect is if the user made a change to one of the fields and then went back and changed it to the original value.<BR><BR>You can check for that kind of stuff, if you really need to.<BR><BR>p.s.: You can disable a form field in Netscape 4.x browsers. Is that a concernt to you? There is a work-around.<BR><BR><BR>