Can anyone help? Trouble using adUseClient

Thread: Can anyone help? Trouble using adUseClient

Default Can anyone help? Trouble using adUseClient

I want to query an Access 2000 database using ODBC (in an ASP page) then save it to my client&#039;s machine as XML. From there I&#039;ll pick it up and use it in a web component.<BR><BR>The web server is running ADO 2.6<BR><BR>I get the following error when I set the rs.cursorlocation = adUseClient<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0BB9)<BR>Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.<BR>/wcg/srdata/Test/test062603b.asp, line 11<BR><BR>Can anyone point out what I&#039;m doing wrong? Here is the code from the ASP.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim rs, rs2, cn, s<BR><BR>Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>Set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Set s = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")<BR><BR>&#039; Query the Titles table.<BR>cn.Open "DSN=srDataWarehouse"<BR>rs.cursorlocation = adUseClient<BR>rs.Open "select * from tblWeeklyPendingDisconnect", cn, adOpenStatic<BR><BR>&#039; Save to the file in the XML format<BR>rs.Save "titles.sav", adPersistXML<BR><BR>&#039; Save the Recordset into the ADO Stream object.<BR> s, adPersistXML<BR>rs.Close<BR>cn.Close<BR><BR>set rs = nothing<BR>set cn = nothing<BR>%&#062;

Default ASPFAQs, category Databases, Errors

There is a link to the ASPFAQs at the top right corner of this very page.<BR><BR>Look in the category noted in the subject line of this message for your question.<BR><BR>The ASPFAQs are your friends. Visit your friends often.<BR><BR>