.inc files rotating?

Thread: .inc files rotating?

Default .inc files rotating?

I am trying to implement something on my company’s home page that the boss wants. We have a section called “spotlight features” that contain information about our various services, and we want that to rotate without having to go in and change the code every time. This section features text and an image and is located in a &#060;tr&#062;&#060;/tr&#062;.<BR><BR>There are tons of how-to&#039;s on how to rotate images or ads, etc. but nothing I can find on how to rotate them together. I had an idea to put the whole feature into an include file, and create 9 of these, and then call them that way. My questions is: can you rotate .inc files? I have searched the internet and cannot find the answer nor any code. This might be a simple JavaScript problem but it may be handled through ASP. <BR><BR>Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I only have a basic understanding of JS and just a little ASP. Thanks!<BR><BR>Website: http://www.dirxionsoftware.com/<BR><BR>Beth L. Owen<BR>Web Content Developer<BR>Dirxion Software<BR><BR>

Default ASPFAQs, category The Nature of Things

There is a link to the ASPFAQs at the top right corner of this very page.<BR><BR>Look in the category noted in the subject line of this message for your question.<BR><BR>The ASPFAQs are your friends. Visit your friends often.<BR><BR>***************<BR><BR>You will note that you *can NOT* dynamically choose which file gets #included.<BR><BR>Having said that...<BR><BR>There&#039;s no reason you couldn&#039;t *RENAME* your .inc files!<BR><BR>If you wanted to only rotate once a day (or even once an hour) this would be adequate.<BR><BR>rename inc9 --&#062; temp<BR>rename inc8 --&#062; inc9<BR>rename inc7 --&#062; inc8<BR>...<BR>rename inc1 --&#062; inc2<BR>rename temp --&#062; inc1<BR><BR>You can use FileScriptingObject.MoveFile to rename a file.<BR>