Thread: sleep?

Default sleep?

Hi,<BR>I&#039;m explaining my last post in detail.<BR>I have a batch file with some data in it.<BR>I need to run this file a number of times. I&#039;m providing an option for the user to select this number.<BR>I&#039;m using Wscript to run the batch file.<BR>But this batch file is to be run with fixed intervals of time(which the user is selecting dynamically selecting from the webpage)<BR>So I wanted to know if there is something like :<BR>Wscript.Sleep &#039;"&Time INterval&"&#039; to do this job??<BR>I tried using wscript.sleep 100....but I get "Object Required" error.<BR>What might be wrong..?How do I correct this..?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: sleep?

Hmm... normally you would just setup a scheduled job to run your batch file, but since you want users _over the web_ to change the frequency with which it runs, I&#039;m not sure you can do this. Unless there&#039;s some way for ASP to talk with the scheduler (which I haven&#039;t heard of).<BR>Anyways, if you did it strictly with ASP (no scheduler) you would need to have that ASP page open all the time, and it would probably time out before any shedule was enacted.<BR>Sorry I can&#039;t be more help. Anyone else have some brilliance they wish to envoke on the situation?<BR>~~Chaotix

Default Only thing I can think of is

having a vb applet on the server and have that monitor a database. Allow users on the web to put their schedule in that database. When there is a time scheduled that matches the current time it fires the batch file.