Automatically submit form

Thread: Automatically submit form

RobR Guest

Default Automatically submit form

I am attempting to integrate an external email server with web messaging into my website. The problem is, when entering the email system, it asks the user for a username and a password. At this point, the username and password are set into session variables, so the logon is pointless. And to top it off, I cannot get rid of this logon form, what I would like to do is set the fields to hidden, and set the values to my session variables, and automatically submit the form. I can manage everything except automatically submitting the form. Help!

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: Automatically submit form

Use JavaScript:<BR><BR>&#060;body onLoad="document.formname.submit()"&#062;<BR><BR>< BR>Nathan

RobR Guest

Hi Nathan, <BR><BR>Thanks for the answer, but now I&#039ve run into another snag. The problem is, the login page, login.html, needs to stay an html. It&#039s the default login page, and there is no way I can change that, so that effective rules out my filling in the fields with session variables idea.<BR><BR>I created an invisible redirection page, that would fill out the fields with the session variables, and through a form, post the values to the login.html. I thought then, I could just pull the values out of the post, and I would be away. <BR><BR>The problem is, to connect to the login.html, you need to use a different port, ie: www.domain.com:8181, I can&#039t just reference it by the name of the page. <BR><BR>My form method will not redirect to a complete URL (http://www.domain.com:8181), it attempts to do something, but sits there with the hourglass forever.<BR><BR>Any ideas on how to get around this? Anyone?

Nathan Pond Guest

I&#039m sorry, but I have no idea what to try next.<BR><BR>Nathan