DSN To Remote Server

Thread: DSN To Remote Server

Default DSN To Remote Server

Hello,<BR>I want to connect to my database on a remote server from my local server.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve got it all up and running, accessing everything (including database) from IIS using this: - <BR>MM_EPG_DNS_STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & server.mappath("/isounds/db/programmes.mdb")<BR><BR>but when I try and access the database online instead of from local server its doesn&#039;t work. I get this error<BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)<BR>Not a valid file name.<BR><BR>Using this: -<BR>MM_EPG_DNS_STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=http://www.dismagwa.com/isounds/db/programmes.mdb"<BR>(Which is the right location)<BR><BR>I know this is a bit of a strange way of working, but I need it to work like this, people accessing the asp files from localserver conecting to remote server for the database.<BR><BR>Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Kaan.

Default Uhhh just to let you know

You just let me and anyone with half a brain to access you DB<BR><BR>I&#039;d change the name if I were you<BR>

Default You can't use...

...an Access DB from any place except on a LAN. Never across the &#039;net via a URL. Period.<BR><BR>