Javascript and VBScript

Thread: Javascript and VBScript

Daniel Nolan Guest

Default Javascript and VBScript

Right guys, got a nice question for you....<BR><BR>How do I combine JS and VBScript into the same ASP page and working ok? I&#039m converting someones JS code to VB and i want to test as I go along....any ideas? I&#039m not a regular to this MSGboard (yet) email me at trebz@barrysworld.com the answer it would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>-- Daniel Nolan

Default Example of VB & JScript in same page

&#060;%<BR>&#039vbcode<BR>MyDate=FormatDateTime(No w(),vblongdate)<BR>MyTime=FormatDateTime(time,vblo ngtime)<BR>Response.Write("The current date and time is:&#060;p&#062;")<BR>Response.Write(MyDate & " " & MyTime & "&#060;p&#062;")<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;scrip t language="JScript" RUNAT="server"&#062;<BR>response.write("Yahoo".lin k("http://www.yahoo.com"));<BR>response.write("&#060;P&#062; ");<BR>response.write("I am the color red".fontcolor("red"));<BR>&#060;/script&#062;

Daniel Nolan Guest

Default RE: Example of VB & JScript in same page

Yup, I did try that actually, cept the languages where the other way around. Problem was it didnt seem to like changing the language after HTML had been added to the page. Anyways, I decided to convert to VB in one go and it worked fine so thats me sorted, thanks! :)<BR><BR>PS, thanks to the guy who mailed me too