Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005

Thread: Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005

Default Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005

** BACKGROUND **<BR><BR>We are currently running our company web site and a web search application on a Windows 2000 server. Both the web site and the application are currently working on the Win2000 server and were built using ASP, with the web application making use of both DSN and DSNless connections to ODBC databases.<BR><BR>Our company is planning on upgrading to a Windows 2003 server and we will be migrating our web site and the application to the new server. Before the conversion, we have been configuring the Windows 2003 server to host our web site and the application.<BR><BR>** PROBLEMS **<BR><BR>I copied the files that make up our web site and the application to the new Windows 2003 server.<BR><BR>I used the IIS Manager to configure the web site, matching the settings on our Win2000 server.<BR><BR>I set security on the folders themselves to match the security set on the folders on the Win2000 server.<BR><BR>We created an annonomus internet user account and configured it as we did on the Win2000 server.<BR><BR>At this point, the Web Site is working on the Windows 2003 server.<BR><BR>However, the web application is not working.<BR><BR>When the search is launched, the following error is encountered:<BR><BR>HTTP 500 - Internal server error <BR>Internet Explorer<BR><BR>Since that error is not particularily helpful to me, I used the web search via the internet and our Windows 2000 server. When I copied the URL that should display the results of the web search into a browser pointed to our new server, I get the following error:<BR><BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR>Invalid argument. <BR>/applications/search/search_results.asp, line 163<BR><BR>I have listed below the block of code containing line 163: <BR><BR>** CODE BLOCK **<BR><BR>&#039; **********************<BR>&#039; GET CLIENT INFORMATION<BR>&#039; **********************<BR><BR>&#039; SET ODBC CONNECTION<BR>Set objClientConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR><BR>&#039; SET THE OLE DB CONNECTION STRING<BR>&#039; USE OLE DB TO CONNECT TO THE DATABSE<BR>connString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & strWebClientsLocation<BR>objClientConn.Open connString --&#062; Line 163<BR><BR>&#039; CREATE THE RECORDSET<BR>Set rsClient = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR>&#03 9; SELECT DATA AND PLACE INTO A RECORDSET <BR>rsClient.Open "SELECT * FROM client WHERE Client = &#039;" & strClientName & "&#039;", objClientConn<BR><BR>&#039; ***********************************<BR>&#039; SET THE CONNECTION AND CONNECTION STRING TO NOTHING<BR>Set objClientConn = Nothing<BR>Set connString = Nothing<BR>&#039; ***********************************<BR><BR>Obvious ly, I&#039;ve got something configured incorrectly on the Windows 2003 server. The problem is, I don&#039;t really have any idea what that might be.<BR><BR>Any suggestions from anyone?<BR><BR>Thanks a lot.

Default RE: Microsoft JET Database Engine error '8000

&#062; connString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & strWebClientsLocation <BR><BR>OK, so what&#039;s in strWebClientsLocation? this isn&#039;t rocket science to diagnose, y&#039;know....<BR><BR><BR><BR>j<BR>