Gallery Question

Thread: Gallery Question

Default Gallery Question

I&#039;ve got a friend who wants a website designed to mimic this site: <BR><BR> <BR><BR>The person running the site tells my friend that it requires: <BR><BR>unix server, apache, perl and mysql. <BR><BR>I&#039;m wanting to do the same thing though on a Windows server using probably ASP and definitely access. My question is: <BR><BR>How do I display the 16 different images after selecting the URL&#039;s from my database. I&#039;m thinking I might need to put them into an array or something, but can&#039;t figure out how I should do this. <BR><BR>Basically I want to read in 16 image locations, display them on a page in the format shown, then give the person the option to go to the next page for the next 16 images in the database. Also, how would I go about doing the top 10 page? The rest of the site is fairly easy (a user adding images to the database, etc.).

Default Check out the FAQ's

Just check out the FAQ&#039;s. Here&#039;s the links.<BR><BR>Here is how to get your images out of the database.<BR><BR><BR><BR>And here is the tutorial so that you can get "x" number of records per page.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Hope this helps.....

Default You should talk to Trippy...

...she wanted 3 x 5 images just the other day.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>RS.PageS ize = 16<BR>RS.Open "Your SQL goes here", yourConnection, adOpenStatic<BR><BR>RS.AbsolutePage = ???<BR><BR>For row = 1 To 4<BR> If RS.EOF Then Exit For<BR> Response.Write "&#060;TR&#062;" & vbNewLine<BR> For col = 1 To 4<BR> If RS.EOF Then Exit For<BR>%&#062;<BR> &#060;TD&#062;&#060;IMG ...&#062;&#060;/TD&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR> RS.MoveNext &#039; to next image<BR> Next<BR> Response.Write "&#060;/TR&#062;" & vbNewLine<BR>Next<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Then just use any of the standard ways of doing DB paging (tons of articles on this out there).<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>