- iis problem

Thread: - iis problem

Default - iis problem

decided to dive into today. got the beginning using c# from wrox.<BR>Problem 1: the book suggests to add script debugger, i don&#039;t have it in the add windows components window.<BR>Problem 2: I try running an aspx page on my localhost : I get an error message saying webservice not available. but when i request a .asp page it runs smoothly. I checked the error log file and this is what I got : <BR>aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid.<BR>I check for solutions to the problem on msdn and find the solution to create user called ASPUSER in the machine.config file or download the .net 1.1 version which resolves the problem(its a bug they say). so i download the 1.1 but still get the error.<BR>I&#039;am running on windows xp professional. <BR><BR>any suggestions? is it this difficult and troublesome to configure .net to run iis for .aspx files? <BR><BR>

Default RE: - iis problem

1. forget it. you probably don&#039;t need it right now<BR>2. find the machine.coinfig file and change the user and password to one that exists on your system, or else add the user currently specified in there.<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>